What is RSS?
RSS is an easy way for you to keep updated automatically on Web sites you like. Instead of checking your favorite Web sites to see if they've written a new article or feature, you can use RSS (which stands for Really Simple Syndication) to get them to tell you every time they have something new. DailyFreeman.com now offers RSS feeds (or channels) for most of its sections.
How can I make use of RSS
Generally, you need to have a program called a news reader, or aggregator. This will display RSS feeds from your chosen Web sites on your computer. All you have to do is choose which RSS feeds you want, for instance an RSS feed of all the latest local news from DailyFreeman.com.
How do I get a News Reader?
There are a range of different News Readers available. Different News Readers work on different operating systems, so you will need to take this into account when you make your choice. Click here for a list of available aggregators >>
How can I sign up to RSS feeds from DailyFreeman.com?
To the left you will see all RSS feeds that are available. You then need to follow the instructions for your particular News Reader in order to add this XML feed to your RSS list. However, generally speaking, you copy or enter the URL(page address) of the RSS feed page into your news reader. For example, if you clicked on " News " it will open the XML feed in a new window.
Location, ST | website.com
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (69)
- Justin Bieber's monkey 'Mally' belongs to Germany now (69)
- Law & Disorder (May 22, 2013) (67)
- Kingston man held in sexual abuse of two girls, ages 5 and 7 (37)
- Kerhonkson man accused of painting graffiti in Kingston (24)
- Yankees not a roster for the ages, but earning their pinstripes (23)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (35)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.